Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: A Million Miles Away

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, where we get to showcase upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.
This week I am waiting on...
A Million Miles Away
Author: Lara Avery
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Publisher: Poppy
 
Synopsis via Goodreads:
Perfect for fans of Nicholas Sparks, this breathtaking story of love and loss is guaranteed to break your heart and sweep you off your feet.

When high school senior Kelsey's identical twin sister, Michelle, dies in a car crash, Kelsey is left without her other half. The only person who doesn't know about the tragedy is Michelle's boyfriend, Peter, recently deployed to Afghanistan. But when Kelsey finally connects with Peter online, she can't bear to tell him the truth. Active duty has taken its toll, and Peter, thinking that Kelsey is Michelle, says that seeing her is the one thing keeping him alive. Caught up in the moment, Kelsey has no choice: She lets Peter believe that she is her sister.

As Kelsey keeps up the act, she crosses the line from pretend to real. Soon, Kelsey can't deny that she's falling, hard, for the one boy she shouldn't want.
  
 
COMING JULY 7th 2015
 
I always find that during the summer I am in the mood for contemporary. As a result, I always keep my eye out for YA contemporary books releasing during May-August. When I saw this one I immediately added it to my summer TBR. It sounds like it is going to be a real heartbreaker that could bring lots of tears to my eyes but there may be a chance for a tragic heart stopping romance.
 
 
What are you waiting on this week?
Tell me in the comments below!
 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great, love the cover, and I love contemporary! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cover, but I'm not into the Love style of book. Hope you enjoy.

    My WOW

    Jaso@GeekBoyOnThePage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading contemporaries and this sounds really interesting. I like the military aspect. I hope you enjoy reading this.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like this will end badly. Pretending always does but there are exceptions
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, I hadn't heard of this one before but it sounds really good! I love their freckles on the cover too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not heard of this one, Justine! I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete