Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke

Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #2)
(Prisoner of Night and Fog #2)
Author: Anne Blankman
Genre: Young Adult Historical Fiction
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
 
Synopsis via Goodreads:
The girl known as Gretchen Whitestone has a secret: She used to be part of Adolf Hitler’s inner circle. More than a year after she made an enemy of her old family friend and fled Munich, she lives with a kindly English family, posing as an ordinary German immigrant, and is preparing to graduate from high school. Her love, Daniel Cohen, is a reporter in town. For the first time in her life, Gretchen is content.

But then, Daniel gets a telegram that sends him back to Germany, and Gretchen’s world turns upside-down. And when she receives word that Daniel is wanted for murder, she has to face the danger she thought she’d escaped-and return to her homeland.

Gretchen must do everything she can to avoid capture and recognition, even though saving Daniel will mean consorting with her former friends, the Nazi elite. And as they work to clear Daniel’s name, Gretchen and Daniel discover a deadly conspiracy stretching from the slums of Berlin to the Reichstag itself. Can they dig up the explosive truth and get out in time-or will Hitler discover them first?
  
 
 
COMING APRIL 21st 2015
 
I love reading World War 2 historical fiction. When the first book Prisoner of Night and Fog came out last year I immediately grabbed it up and absolutely loved it. I have been eagerly waiting to hear what happens to Gretchen next. If you have not started this series yet and enjoy historical fiction I highly recommend picking it up before the sequel comes out in April!

10 comments:

  1. This looks like an interesting book to read, I guess I should add it to my to-be-read list then. Great choice by the way.
    My Waiting On Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you like WW2 historical fiction you should definitely check out the series !

      Delete
  2. Yesss, I can't wait for this book! I loved Prisoner of Night and Fog and I love historical fiction in general! I hope we both enjoy this one! :-D

    Sarah @ Good Books & Teacups

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first one and cannot wait for this one. I have the egalley, but have to wait to get to it until I get through some other egalleys I have first. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first one, so I am counting down the literal days till the sequel. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  4. Great choice this week, I still need to read the first book (:

    -Courtney @ Storybook Slayers
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  5. I loved the first book of this series! I think I have this one from Edelweiss! It's bound to be epic :D I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I really hope this one is epic too!

      Delete